If you’re looking for the best garbage disposal repair Dallas and beyond has to offer, you’ve found it. Ben Franklin’s expert technicians specialize in garbage disposal repair, garbage disposal replacement, garbage disposal maintenance, and more.
The moment you notice your garbage disposal isn’t working the way it should be, just give us a call. The Punctual Plumber will arrive on time, tell you exactly what’s wrong, let you pick the repair or replacement option that’s best for you, and get the work done right. That’s the punctual plumber guarantee. Don’t worry about garbage disposal problems ever again. Just get us a call any time:
The Best Garbage Disposal Repair - Dallas and Beyond
No matter your garbage disposal needs, the Punctual Plumber is ready to solve your problem quickly and correctly. Guaranteed.Contact Us 972-787-2158
Unsure if you need garbage disposal repair? Want to know more about how to prevent future garbage disposal problems in the future? We can help. Here’s everything you should know about your garbage disposal:
How long do garbage disposals last?
The lifespan of a garbage disposal greatly depends on how well it is treated and maintained. However, on average, garbage disposals usually last around 10 years. After a decade of use, disposals may clog or break down more often.
How do I keep my garbage disposal working properly?
To get the most out of your garbage disposal, make sure you’re treating it well and maintaining it properly. Here are a few simple tips from the experts at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing you should follow to extend the life of your garbage disposal:
- Run your disposal regularly. Frequent use prevents rust and corrosion while preventing waste build-up within.
- Run a cup or two of ice down your disposal once per week. This will assist in maintaining the sharpness of your blades.
- Use citrus to get rid of odor. Address occasional odors associated with daily use by cutting a lemon or orange up into slices and running them down your unit for a fresh scent.
- Don’t put fibrous foods down the disposal. Foods like celery, onion skins, and corn husks, for example, are more likely to cause jams than other types of food waste.
- Don’t pour grease, oil or fat into your garbage disposal. This will lead to the build-up that is most frequently the cause of disposal problems and breakage.
Read more about how to keep your garbage disposal working here.
What’s Wrong With My Garbage Disposal?
If your garbage disposal isn’t working properly, it could be because:
- There’s an electrical issue. If your garbage disposal won’t turn on at all, there’s a good chance it has lost power. It may have blown a circuit. To fix this problem, push the reset button located on the bottom of the unit. If that doesn’t work, look at your electrical panel for signs of a tripped circuit.
- There’s a clog. If you hear a humming noise when you flip the switch to your garbage disposal, there’s a good chance that your garbage disposal is experiencing a clog. To fix this, cut the power to the unit, shine a flashlight inside to see what’s caught, and reach inside to retrieve whatever is causing the clog. Once you’ve unclogged the disposal, turn it back on.
- It needs replacement. If neither of the things on this list seem to fit the bill for your broken disposal, it may be done for. If you’ve had the disposal for a while, you may just need to completely replace the device.
Read more about why your garbage disposal may not be working here.
Garbage Disposal Repair Dallas and Beyond
Garbage disposals are a necessity for anyone with a busy kitchen or workshop. This means that if you have a sink backup, leaking pipe, or motor malfunction—you need help, fast! That’s where we come in. Our Dallas Plumbing Company has the expertise and skill to quickly repair, install, or replace any type of garbage disposal. Your Benjamin Franklin plumbing technician will share detailed instructions of necessary maintenance with you so you’re less likely to face future problems.
Ben Franklin Plumbing has provided the best garbage disposal repair Dallas, Plano, McKinney, Southlake, Rowlett, Carrollton and more for decades. To get your garbage disposal working properly again, get in touch with the Punctual Plumbers at Benjamin Franklin today!
Why Ben Franklin: The Punctual Plumber Guarantees
The experts at Ben Franklin work hard to ensure that we always provide you with the best garbage disposal repair. From garbage disposal installation to emergency plumbing services, Ben Franklin makes the three following “Punctual Plumber Guarantees” on every job we do for you:
- Punctuality: The Punctual Plumber isn’t just a brand, it’s a promise. Ben Franklin is the nation’s first plumbing company to directly reimburse our customers if we’re ever late to a job. If we fail to show up at our scheduled time, we pay you $5 per minute we’re late, up to $300.
- Preparation: Ben Franklin experts drive our distinctive “fully-stocked” trucks to every job we respond to. These trucks are crammed full of all the tools to effectively complete any plumbing repair you may need, and ensure that whenever we come to help, we can get the job done then and there.
- Satisfaction: Ben Franklin offers customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of the garbage disposal repair, replacement, and installation work we complete. If you’re ever any less than completely satisfied with our service, let us know and we’ll make it right, guaranteed.
Garbage Disposal Repair Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Leaky Garbage Disposal Be Fixed?
Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes, but in some cases it makes more sense to replace the entire unit depending on the age of the unit, the severity of the leak problem, and which part of the disposal is leaking.
Learn more about leaking garbage disposals here
How Does a Garbage Disposal Work?
Several parts of a garbage disposal work together to grind up food, including:
- The hopper chamber, which houses the disposal,
- The flywheel and shredder ring, which work together to catch food and prevent it from entering from the lower hopper chamber until it’s small enough,
- The motor, which rotates the impellers when you active the disposal,
- The impellers, which are the actual blades that grind up the food,
- and the waste line connector, which flushes out the contents of the disposal into the drain pipe.
When you insert food into the upper hopper chamber, the flywheel and shredder ring catch it. Then, you activate the motor, which rotates the impellers around the shredder ring and grinds the food down. When the impellers grind the food down enough to slip past the flywheel, it falls to the lower hopper chamber and waste line connector, where it is finally flushed into the drain pipe.
Learn more about how a garbage disposal works here
Why Is My Garbage Disposal Broken?
A lot of different things can break a garbage disposal, but they usually only break for a few reasons. Generally, garbage disposals break because they’re old and worn out, they’re overworked, or you’ve been using it improperly. If you’ve overworked or misused your disposal, then it’s not too late to repair it. If it’s old and worn out, then you’ll probably have to replace it.
Learn more about why your garbage disposal may be broken here