Dallas Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation
Every time you run vegetable peels, eggshells, coffee grounds, or other food scraps down your garbage disposal, they cause build-up which leads to long term damage. It’s easy to forget that this your garbage disposal needs to be maintained on a monthly basis. If not, you will eventually deal with a clog or complete breakdown that requires the need to have a brand new one installed. Either way, Ben Franklin Plumbing can help.
Punctual Garbage Disposal Repair
Our Dallas Plumbing Company has the expertise and skill to quickly repair or install any type of garbage disposal. Your plumbing technician will also share with you detailed instructions on necessary maintenance you should use so that you’re less likely to face future problems.
Garbage disposals are much more than your average home appliance. They’re a necessity for anyone with a busy kitchen or workshop, which means that if you have a sink backup, leaking pipe, or motor malfunction – you need help, fast. That’s where we come in. Ben Franklin Plumbing has been repairing and installing garbage disposals in Dallas and the surrounding area for decades. We take all the plumbing services we provide seriously and get work done quickly and professionally so you can return to your normal daily routine armed with the knowledge to help avoid future plumbing problems.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Here are a few simple tips you should follow to extend the life of your garbage disposal so it can continue to make your life easier for as long as possible.
- Running you disposal regularly. Frequent use prevents rust and corrosion while preventing waste build-up within.
- Running a cup or two of ice down your disposal once per week will assist in maintaining the sharpness of your blades.
- To address the occasional odors associated with daily use, cut a lemon or orange up into slices and run them down your unit for a fresh scent.
- Don’t put fibrous food materials down your disposal like celery, onion skins, and corn husks. They’re more common to cause jams than other food waste.
- Don’t pour grease, oil, or fat into your garbage disposal. This will lead to the build up that is most frequently the cause of disposal problems and breakage.