In a recent article and video segment featured on WFAA 8 ABC in Dallas, TX, questions of water quality in Plano are being addressed. The questions are based on community member’s experience with a strong chlorine smell coming from the water within Collin County. The North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) has said that the smell is likely the result of a new state-approved chlorine maintenance program, but community members have not been reassured. The story has gotten big enough to attract the attention of well-known environmental activist Erin Brockovich, who has made Facebook posts warning people in the area to not trust the local water and to make sure to find alternative sources or ways to get their water for the time being.
That said – what can members of the Collin County community do to keep themselves and their family safe in the face of local questionable water? At Ben Franklin Plumbing in Dallas, we’ve put a lot of time and work into building our reputation as water experts and part of that expertise includes the knowledge of whole home water filtration devices and how helpful they are.
What is a whole home water filter?
A whole home water filter is a device that is connected to your water main at the point where it enters your home and uses a multi-step filtering process to remove impurities including chlorine, heavy metals, and anything else that can leach into water as it makes its way to your home.
How can it help?
- You no longer have to worry about the safety of your family and children because now, all water in your home – not just the water you drink – will be safely and securely filtered. Not only does this benefit you and your family’s personal health, it can benefit you in other ways too.
- The removal of excess chlorine and heavy metals from drinking water will lessen the amount of soap scum left on dishes, reduce the residue left behind on your body when you wash, and in general lessen the negative impacts of water on your home and health.
- Your water tastes – and smells – better! This means that the morning coffee you make will taste better, too – and we know how important that is.
- Removing and greatly reducing chlorine and/or chloramine (chlorine + Ammonia = Chloramine)
- Extending the life of appliances, faucets and water heaters by descaling existing lime build up throughout the plumbing system
- Protect the environment by allowing us to save natural resources by drastically reducing the need to purchase bottled water
Get in touch with the technicians at Ben Franklin Plumbing in Dallas today and we can arrange for a water quality analysis and the installation of a whole home water filter in your house as quickly as possible.